Tuesday, October 15, 2013

First comes love, then comes marriage...

...then comes the baby in the baby carriage?  That's right!  If you haven't already heard, I'll fill you in now:  Walter and I are going to be parents!  We're expecting the arrival of Baby Tello sometime at the end of May, 2014.  It turns out last month when I was sick for several days and wondering why no one else was as sick as me, it's because there was a teensy tiny little creature growing in my tummy and stealing all my defenses.  But that's ok.  I can forgive him/her for that since he/she has left me otherwise healthy with not even a hint of morning sickness.  I've just been super tired all the time and sensitive to certain smells.  I can still eat pretty much everything, but I figure, I'll keep that to myself in case my mother-in-law decides to cook guinea pig for us again (see previous post for visual...but only if you have a strong stomach!).

Everything else has been going well too.  I love, love, love teaching dance classes.  We're currently working on choreography for a Christmas program that SAM Academy will hold in mid-December.  Our 18 dance students range in age from 4 to 16 and include three boys!  I've been impressed with their ability and attitudes and even some of their insights and participation in the pre-class devotionals.  I've had to cut out prayer requests in the little kid class, though, because we could spend the whole hour praying for each kid's pets :)

Walter's still playing drums in the church band and I've been invited to sing in a choir for the church's Christmas service.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I really miss being a part of a choir.  Also, the two of us are working with a few teenagers at church who are interested in music.  We have a guitarist, a pianist and a singer.  The hope is that we can eventually start a youth band at church that leads worship every once in a while during the Sunday service.  I've been doing some vocal technique with Danna, the singer, while Walter's been teaching some guitar technique to Elivaldo, the guitarist.  Unfortunately, neither Walter nor I play piano, so we can't help Vanessa (the pianist) with her instrument, but at least we are building a relationship with her.  Neither Vanessa nor Danna have been baptized, and they seem to be confused as to the purpose.  Please pray for Walter and me as we continue to minister to these kids and teach them how to be leaders. 

I'm sorry there are no pictures this week.  I attempted to take some during dance class, but they didn't turn out very well.  I'll try to have some for the next blog post.  The camp PETRA is coming along.  All the land necessary has been cleared and now we just have to maintain it.  Hopefully in the next month we can start making the soccer field a place where one might actually be able to play soccer.  Please pray for diligence for all of us as we work toward our goal of having a camp/ retreat for the youth of our church (probably for 5 days) in January.  Another church is already hoping to hold a camp here the week after we do. 

As always, thanks so much for reading.  God bless you and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment